Summer in the city – on the streets, in parks and in your favorite coffee shops. And while the establishments are trying to save visitors from the heat, we should learn a thing or two about soft drinks for coffee lovers. Have you tried bottled coldbrew, carbonated coffee lemonade, coffee sour or espresso tonic? If not, there is still some time left. We want to tell you how to make simple and delicious cold coffee cocktails at home. The basis will be a classic espresso, which you can brew in any convenient way. And if in some recipes you are asked to use instant coffee, we remain faithful to freshly roasted coffee beans. This is the only way to get a truly fragrant invigorating drink.
Milk with coffee ice
If you like coffee with milk, you will definitely love this recipe. The ice will gradually melt, saturating the taste of the drink and cooling it more and more. The preparation will have to be done in advance, but then you can surprise not only relatives, but also friends. Take note if you have a party this summer.
espresso or americano coffee
plain or vegetable milk
sweet syrup optional
1. The recipe is very simple, and everyone can calculate the proportions to their liking. The quality of all ingredients is important, the taste will directly depend on this.
2. Prepare espresso or Americano in a way convenient for you. Chill coffee and pour into ice cube trays. It is more convenient to remove cubes from silicone molds, but you can take the ones that are available.
3. You can freeze more pieces at once so that you can enjoy the drink for several days.
4. When the ice is ready, put a few cubes in a glass, pour in some syrup for sweetness. You can use the one you like more. Sugar will not work in this case, since it dissolves poorly in cold liquids.
5. Pour milk into a glass. Also adjust its temperature yourself. If the milk is warm, the ice will melt faster. For a more refreshing drink, pre-chill the milk, or put a glass with ice cubes and milk in the refrigerator for a while.
This summer coffee variant is very popular in Greece and Cyprus. In 1957, it was first cooked in Thessaloniki. Frappe appeared quite by accident as a result of an experiment, but this did not prevent him from firmly gaining a foothold in the bar list of many restaurants and gaining popularity far beyond the borders of his homeland. To prepare, you will need a shaker or blender to whip the ingredients for a lush foam. The Greeks prepare frappe only with instant coffee. There is even a gradation in the degree of sweetness of the drink. More often it is made only with water, sometimes a little milk is added. You can find a variety of recipes. We offer to prepare frappe with natural coffee.
espresso – 50 ml
sugar – 1–2 tsp.
cold milk – 100 ml
crushed ice – 1/3 cup
whipped cream to taste
caramel – to taste
chocolate to taste
1. Prepare espresso and refrigerate slightly.
2. Put crushed ice in a blender bowl, add sugar, pour in coffee and cold milk. Whisk everything until foamy.
3. Pour the drink into a tall glass, garnish with whipped cream, caramel and shredded chocolate. Serve the drink immediately!
Drinks based on coffee and orange juice have become very popular this summer. Many have already appreciated their original taste with sourness. Bumble coffee gets its name from its color similarity to bumblebee. A bright sunny stripe smoothly turns into a rich brown. There are only four ingredients in the composition, but again the emphasis should be on quality. We take everything fresh and natural – both coffee and fruits.
espresso – 50 ml
caramel syrup – 15 ml
medium oranges – 2 pcs.
ice cubes to taste
1. Make an espresso, chill it in the refrigerator.
2. Rinse oranges, cut off a couple of slices. Squeeze the juice out of the rest.
3. Put ice cubes into glasses, half pour orange juice.
4. Gently pour the caramel syrup along the side of the glass.
5. Add chilled coffee to the glasses in the same way. Ideally, layers should not mix first for an effective presentation. You can then stir the drink for a more balanced taste.
6. Decorate glasses with orange wedges and serve!
The famous Thai iced coffee has already become a universal drink. It is prepared in several variations, various spices and syrups are added. The easiest way is to combine ice, a couple of tablespoons of condensed milk and chilled coffee in a glass. It will turn out very tasty! And we will share a recipe with cream.
espresso – 100 ml
cream 10% – 50 ml
sugar – 0.5 tbsp. l.
ground cardamom – 0.25 tsp
ground almonds – 2 pinches
crushed ice – to taste
1. Make an espresso and refrigerate.
2. In a deep-bottomed saucepan, pour the cream, sugar and cardamom. Put on medium heat, bring to a boil, but do not boil. Remove the cream from heat, cover and let it brew for 15 minutes. Then add the ground almonds and stir. After that, the cream should be cooled.
3. Place crushed ice in a glass, pour in the cream and top with chilled espresso. Help yourself!
For those who like to drink both smoothies and coffee in the morning, there is an ideal option – to combine everything in one drink. For the base, milk or yogurt is best, and all ingredients must be pre-cooled in the refrigerator. The recipe is extremely simple, and preparation will take a minimum of time.
espresso – 250 ml
yogurt – 250 ml
bananas – 1 pc.
sweet syrup – to taste
cinnamon – to taste
mint – 1 sprig
1. Brew an espresso and refrigerate.
2. Remove the rest of the ingredients from the refrigerator. Cut the banana into pieces and place in the blender bowl. Pour in yogurt, sweet syrup and whisk until smooth.
3. Add coffee and whisk again.
4. Pour the smoothie into a glass, sprinkle with cinnamon on top and garnish with mint. Enjoy!
We have told you about the simplest cold coffee drinks that you can make at home. If you know other interesting recipes, share them with subscribers!